Monday, May 12, 2008

Pastor Preaching and Thangs...

Well praise the lawd babies. Seems as though our responses is getting more and more. Ruthie Ann and maself are ova here tryna figure out how to work all this fancy stuff. Course, when you got the Lawd on ya side, all thangs is possible.



Service yesterday was just wonderul. Pastor sho'nuff know he can preach. Child, the man is so annointed and sent from God. Just long winded. Yes, he can preach so, seem like he preaching the whole bible. Made me happy twice - I was happy to see him get up and happy to see him sat the hell down. Bless his heart. I was trying to give him some signal, don't you know he kept on going. Hell, seems to me he started to preach even harder. If there's anytime I was a'praying, shole was yesterday. I had on my good two hour shoes and my time was running out.



And one of the other mothers must didn't have a mint in her purse, course, she was the one shouting hallelujah to loudest stanking up the entire mother's row. I still can't figure out how she managed to do that one. She got one mo' time, I ain't playing. One mo' Sunday without using her church candy and I'm gonna have to see if she can join the usher board or something. Hell, can't hardly concentrate on the pastor cause her breath smell so.


Ol' Sister Angie took the microphone yesterday and sang her song. I don't know why she the only one thank she can sang. Matter'fact, betweens me and you, the old batalax don't hardly sound as good as myself. Course, I don't sang much no more. But if you put on some Patti or some Aretha, then you know, I gots to show you how I gets down. Can't sang that at the church house though. You know, I never did wonder why. The saints sangin' it at home anyway.



Alright, we got to figure out how to continue to do this blogging thang. Anybody got any suggestions. I got to run in a few. I messed around and ate too many collards last night, you know at my age they don't sit too well on your stomach. Child, my stomach been tossing and turning all day. Besides child, I joined me a jazzercise class. I got to get myself right for this summer, you know, putting it all in the right place. I agrees with them Destiny Childrens, I don't think yall ready for these preserves! Jelly is for them young gals, when you gets my age, you got preserves cause the longer it sits, the better it tastes!



Alright then babies, I ain't gonna hold yall, I got to go get my drink and do my two step.





With Love,


Mrs. Mabel

29 comments:

The Pew View said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Pew View said...

I personally thought Pastor got down yesterday. I keeps telling you all that weight is too much on them old crusty feet of yours!

Now Mabel you know I keeps a few extra peppermints in my bra. Why didn't you have me pass one down to old stank breath Mother Edna.

I'll talk to you later

Signed
Ruthie Ann

The Pew View said...

Chile, you gone stop talking bout my crusty feet. I gets them peeled every other week. Hell, with this recession and these gas prices I had to cut back a little.

Speaking of cutting back, you needs to cut back on that tequila you drinks. I can tell yo ass be tipsy during devotion at the church. You got one more time to cuss during yo prayer.

Child, had I known you had some mints, I would have whispered down to you. But they were in your bra, huh? It's a wonder they didn't melt down with them big ass titties you go.

With Love,
Mrs. Mabel

Promiscuous X said...

I can't take it LMMFAO. OH GOD LMMFAO.... I'm loving this blog already...i love the church mothers lol...TIPSY DURING DEVOTION......laughn my ass off

Rich Fitzgerald said...

No disrespect, but y'all some wild old ladies. Y'all got me rolling.

Mizrepresent said...

Too, too funny! lol@my good 2 hour shoes, i so feel you. You too have brightened my day, thanks for the visit!

Cash S. said...

"I agrees with them Destiny Childrens, I don't think yall ready for these preserves!" WOW lol. That is really funny. I'm loving this.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

2 hours shoes? They make those?

Mother Mable and Momma Ruth, I'm linking your blog.

Eros said...

Interesting take, think I'll continue to visit your blog in the near future...

fuzzy said...

Oh No, not the drink and the two step! You two are too much! I feel like that sometimes! I bees lookin at the pastor, like its time to bring it on home! It is hot as hell in that church and i don't want my deodorant to fail! He be goin and they be cookin in the back and I'zz be sweatin hunny!

ShawnQt said...

I don't understand... lol.

Darius T. Williams said...

OMG - this is hilarious! I know about pastors taking way too long!

proacTiff said...

what denomination you ladies saints for? lmao

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

tipsy during devotion is not only entertaining but i imagine fun for you :-P

Ms.LadyCop said...

lol!!! get that body right, get it tight!! LOL!!!

Pastor CE Stowers, Jr. said...

Too funny...so, are we really that "long-winded." LOL...

Sometimes it's good to sit back and laugh at yourself...I can't wait to see how this blog develops...

BTW, thanks for stopping by & commenting on my blog - that's right, I'm as real as it gets...

Keep blogging...

Pastor Stowers
www.clarencestowers.com

Don said...

LOL.

who is this? cause I am positive this isn't the person in the picture. Regardless, your comments are hella funny.

That Dude Right There said...

This is beyond funny!!!! Is this really my Aunt Ethel Mae???

(vixenchick) said...

OMG this is so funny!

Muze said...

hilarious!!

maaan i wish i had thought of this. ha.

The F_Uitlist said...

This is just too HIGH-LARIOUS! I will so be visiting you everyday.

tiltedhalo said...

Lawd, this was just too funny. I'm loving this blog. This will definitely be in the daily rotation.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i bet sister angie can blow.

SHE_UNIQUE said...

Loves It!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Stop! Please stop! Can't see through the... tears...

Anonymous said...

You ladies are hilarious. Definitely coming back.

kayellejaye said...

Y'all are too funny!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Y'all got me over here LMBO!!!!

-Q. said...

Say can what yall drinkin on after the service. I can play penocle! yall be blessed.. -Q.